Cockroaches are the oldest and common insects on earth. The insect depends on water, food and humid, moisture area.
The six-legged insect can spread bacteria like Salmonella and Shigella from place to place. They contaminate food, spread disease and allergies. It is essential to make your place less attractive, favorable and accessible for roaches to get rid of them. If left untreated, the nocturnal insect increases their population making us difficult to get rid of them.
Cockroaches eat garbage, waste, left-over human food, feces, shoe, paint, rotten fruit, bread, peanuts, starches, sweets, milk, glue, soap, fabric, human hairs, nails, coffee grinds etc. These insects can survive on varied diet including other cockroaches too.
Cockroaches are mainly found in areas with warm, humid and moisture conditions. We can find them in our home at common places like wall cracks and crevices, restricted spaces, furniture, undisturbed isolated places, kitchen closets, sinks, drains, gardens, cupboards, tiny gaps, pipes, slits, piles of newspapers etc.
Cleanliness and sanitation is the must and best way to prevent Pest problems.
- Maintaining cleanliness in Kitchen – Cleaning left over food stuffs, Garbage bins with tight lids, water leaks must be repaired, wall cracks should be sealed, airtight containers for food storage, Sewage and plumbing systems must be maintained etc.
- Boric Acid – Boric Acid powder is effective killer and repellent to cockroaches. The powder should be sprinkled in cracks, around sinks, cabinets etc. and other expected places.
- Ready-to-use spray – Ready to use spray in market can be sprayed.
- Cockroaches can live for weeks without their heads.
- Cockroaches can survive without food and water for long periods of time.
- Cockroaches can produce thousand offspring in a year.
- There are around 4,000 various species of cockroaches in the world.
- Cockroaches have been dwelling on the earth for more than 400 million years
Cockroach infestation will often require professional pest controllers. Just Bugs offers a fast and effective Commercial and Residential pest control in Burlington, Ontario and surrounding location .
Tagged: Pest Control